10 reasons why Hemp powder is your best plant-based protein
Protein - a favourite nutrient amongst most those who seek fitness, wellness and repair. Throughout this blog post, we will discuss the importance of protein and how hemp can provide a complete protein source. It is essential that we understand what protein is and why it is vital to consume!
In terms of providing calories or energy - protein, fats, and carbohydrates are the three basic macronutrients. It is essential to sustain life with large amounts of macronutrients.
The protein in our bodies is a building block and is used to create nearly every component in our bodies. For muscle mass to develop, protein is an essential macronutrient. It helps the body recover from injury and generate muscle. In turn, it helps keep your immune system healthy while also keeping you full. Protein is essential for every active person to keep their bodies functioning.
What Is Hemp Protein Powder?
Hemp protein is obtained from the shelled seeds of the hemp plant. Seeds are cold-pressed to extract Hemp-seed oil. Hemp seeds are known for their nutrition-rich profile and are considered a superfood. It is one of the best sources of plant-based protein and is easily digestible.
Everything You Need to Know About Hemp Protein Powder.
Hemp protein is packed with macro and micro-nutrients required by our body and has several nutritional benefits.
- Contains all nine essential amino acids (compounds that combine to form protein) humans need, Hemp is a complete protein. It helps break down food, grow, repair body tissue and other bodily functions.
- Hemp contains the proteins: albumin and edestin, which our body can digest easily. Studies reveal that 91-98% of hemp protein is digestible. A serving of Hemp protein powder contains 8 grams of fiber, which is more than most other plant-based protein powders.
- High fiber content in Hemp protein makes it different from refined plant-based protein powders and ensures better gut health and blood sugar management.
- Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids are found in significant quantities in a 3:1 ratio, making it a rare vegan /plant-based source of essential fatty acids.
- Hemp contains plenty of minerals, such as magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, and copper.
- There are compounds in hemp that are powerful antioxidants that protect your body from chronic illnesses like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hemp protein contains mostly unsaturated fats, which are healthy for the heart.
- The taste is earthy and it is 100% natural. As its texture can be gritty, it's best when blended with other ingredients.
- Free from dairy, soy, nuts and gluten.
- Ideal for everyday fitness and muscle recovery.
Curious to learn more?
Read about how Hemp Is The Immunity We Need
Read more on What Is Special About Hemp-Seed Oil?
In case you’d like to get your hand on Hemp and experiment SHOP at India Hemp and Co
Stay tuned for updates and join our instagram community right here on India Hemp and Co
For discounts and latest news, subscribe to the India Hemp and Co newsletter here