Health benefits from a plant-based diet
If the thought of eating healthy has crossed your mind, then this blog post is a must read for you. With all kinds of trending diet plans on health and food headlines, it can make it almost impossible to settle on what’s good for you and what’s not. Although health and wellness communities agree that diets that contain fresh, whole ingredients with minimal processed foods rank higher for overall wellness. A plant-based diet does exactly this - where you proportionately choose more of your foods from plant sources.
Hemp being carbon negative to produce and versatile
While its benefits on health is humongous, practising a plant-based diet has a positive impact on the environment as well. Plant-based diets in comparison to diets rich in animal products are more sustainable because they use fewer natural resources and are less taxing on the environment.
Natural nonrenewable resources such as ground water and earth minerals are becoming scarce, and environmental degradation is rapidly increasing. From a greenhouse gas emissions perspective, if we reduced meat and milk from our diets and turned to plant sources of these foods, we would be saving at least 50% of our water use.
5 health benefits from plant-based diets
- Helps maintain healthy weight: Excess weight causes inflammation and hormonal imbalance leading to various health diseases
- Fiber rich diet: Great for good gut health. Aids in absorbing nutrients that support your immune system
- Reduces inflammation: Antioxidants and Omega 3 + Omega 6 in plants helps your body neutralize toxins from pollution, processed food, bacteria and viruses
- Rich in nutrients: A great source of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidants that keep you cells healthy and aid your immune system to work at its best
- Reduces risk of diseases: prevents heart diseases, reduces the risk of certain types of cancer, helps slow or prevent cognitive decline
It’s simpler and more flexible than you’d think.
The flexibility of a plant based diet is that there is no restriction in the kind of diet you follow. Whether you’re a meat eater, consumer of dairy products, pescatarian, ovo lacto vegetarian - this form of diet encourages you to consume everything you like, but in moderation. Here is a food pyramid showing you the variety of food that you can include as a part of your meals on a daily basis
Why not experiment with it?
Set yourself a goal for a week, such as lowering your meat intake by one to two servings per day/week. Try replacing it with all of the foods above (need inspiration? We got you - Cookbook ( click through for link to recipe section). This will not only help boost your immunity but also retain good energy levels through the day with a lasting positive impact on your health.
Join the conversation on instagram. We’re here for any
Read up more to know about the benefits of Hemp
To shop for our click through