A weekend at the URU market
In a wonderful turn of events, our last weekend was spent meeting our friends and peers. An event curated by Namukini who has a keen eye for wholesome homegrown brands from the plant-based/vegan community in Bangalore offering some high-quality products.
We indulged in delicious plant-based food, cruelty-free products, furry companions, and a whole lot of fun over two days. All of this in a whimsical old-world setting at hatworksboulevard Cunningham Road.
With our stall decked up and ready, we saw a mix of crowd in attendance - roughly 80% of those had already tried/used our products, while 20% were new to Hemp. Those who were trying hemp for the first time had the chance to purchase our newly launched 100gm hemplets at the event. We created an interactive quiz to keep our visitors engaged by demonstrating the many uses of hemp. One needed to look for clues in images of benefits on body parts, furniture, biofuel, clothes, food, etc.
We felt a strong sense of community being amidst most of our favourite brands and of course everyone who dropped by to visit us. We have compiled a list of some great initiatives by some of the brands who were at the event, in case you’d like to check them out.
Healthy Food and Beverages
- @mommyshealthkitchen Fresh, preservative and sugar-free food
- @dadshack - artisanal craft Kombucha
- @thehudabar who curates organic, sustainable and delicious food made with love
- @moodybaker who makes all-vegan gourmet delicious food
- @hellotempay super bean plant protein-packed with nutrition and taste
- @copper+cloves an organic farm to table cafe
- - A vegan bakery that dishes out vegan cakes and desserts
- @cosmixway who’s created a pathway to holistic health and beauty via superfoods
- @barenecessities zero waste, earth-friendly, sustainable and handcrafted products for daily life
- @asan menstrual cup promoting a cause
- @amazing greys is a personal care brand that has cruelty free/chemical-free products that celebrates age and all that comes with it
- @wildermart an organic, vegan, plastic-free, preservative-free grocery store aiding in making a switch to healthy and sustainable groceries
- @beruru a garden lifestyle brand
- @angelovegancheese carefully crafted vegan handmade cheese
- @milliemitra - natural vegan and wholesome cheese that is plant-based, made of nuts!
We had a special heart-warmer for these little puppies that we were up for adoption. A great initiative by @letslivetogether
Wooh! That’s a pretty impressive roundup! The fact that they're all from Bangalore makes it even more exciting. There is one determinant that measures this market's success - that vegan and plant-based products are now entering the mainstream way of life and are here to stay.
In case you’d like to get your hand on Hemp and experiment SHOP at India Hemp and Co
Stay tuned for updates and join our instagram community right here on India Hemp and Co
For discounts and latest news, subscribe to the India Hemp and Co newsletter here